Effing Storms...
I went into work tonight for only 2 hours. Out of those two hours, I was on the phone for only about 1 hour (and I got one pledge, thank you very much) the rest of the time was spent waiting out a storm/tornado warning. Not that I really cared, I get paid $7.20 per hour anyway, I just might have missed some bonus dollars. But, then again, I was watching the storm and getting paid, so it was a bonus.
Anyway, the streets flooded here. I don't have my car, and my supervisor wouldn't let me walk home because it was still storming at 9:30 when we left, so she took me as close as she could get me to my place. I still had to walk through ankle deep water in order to get into the lot at my apartment building. A second round of storms is still working it's way towards us now, so it might be a long night.
On another note...a woman I used to teach with has moved into our apartment for a couple weeks while she works on her MA. It's really cool to reminise with her!
1 comment:
Happy now?!
Post a Comment