Thursday, April 01, 2004

Meanderings on a Spring Night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are many adventures I want to have in life.

Unfortunately, my mom doesn't see things that way. On the way back from USD yesterday, she started asking questions about my life. One thing she asked was about my love life and I responded that: "It's not important to me right now." She asked me what was, and I said my education and potential careers. Then she went ape shit on me-- telling me that I can't keep on living the way I am if I end up in debt. And then she told me that education is not as important as finding a man.

I'm thinking... will 100 miles be far enough away from that woman? I may need to check out a couple of other colleges farther away--or take a job far, far away from Iowa.

No comments: