Sunday, January 04, 2004

What Did I Accomplish Today?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a couple of emails and your comments on here, I did decide to definitely give grad. School a go! I feel like I'm floating on cloud 9 when I think about it! It'll keep me going through the next couple of hard weeks!I think this will be good for me; part of the reason that I don't always feel comfortable in the classroom is because I feel I need to know more. Now, I know that Dana College was a great school, and I learned A LOT, but I still know there's more out there. Also, I need to realize this time through that I need to READ EVERYTHING and not just enough to get A's and B's. I also realized that I prefer to teach the type of literature and writing that you get at a community college or above level, so this will be on my road to success. Additionally, I talked to someone today and they said that many times universities like to have TA's that were school teachers, because they already know the ins and outs of student behavior-- so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

What I didn't get accomplished is grading. I decided to sleep in today, and yeah, just basically procrastinated after I had a couple of bad papers in a row. Then Leah and I went shopping, where we discovered the reason we don't want to go back to work tomorrow. We decided that we love teaching, but just not the accumulating baggage that accompanies it. (Reference to the old online journal in Sept. and Oct.) And the fact that break went too fast, as we only got 1 1/2 weeks, compared to our other friends who got 2 weeks!

Well, since we didn't get that snow storm, I suppose I should get ready for bed. I hate getting up in the morning--especially after a break!

No comments: