Here it is Sunday night, and I'm already focused for the new week. I only have one assignment left to do for the week, a 4 page paper on Marxism, due Tuesday night. All of my reading is finished, amazingly, considering I spent the weekend in Omaha (which I learned it a 2.25 hour drive).
Omaha was good. Sometimes I realize that I miss that city more than I'd like to. There are a ton of great restaurants and places to go. Many friends and relatives live there and some are hoping to move down to O-Town. Plus, you're never too far from a mall...good mall at that, too. But, I spent the weekend with J watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I suppose this is the part of my post where I have to make a proclamation.
J was right, The Lord of the Rings was a very good epic tale. It did
not bite the big one, and I did not hate it. J was right, I was wrong. I do like
the epic tales from The Lord of the Rings.
Last night J and I got wasted big time on Corona, then we switched to a batch of Strip and Go Naked's that I made--I've never woken up drunk before. It's a nice feeling, but I realized that the bastard headaches come later. On that note, I also realized that I shouldn't leave my lemonade at J's place during my drive home. My headache started to make a comeback about an hour into the drive back and I had nothing to down the Advil with...so I put up with the headache. J's finishing off the S&GN's that we didn't finish last night, I wonder how he'll feel in the morning.
So, tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day. I'm apathetic about the entire day. Yes, my best-guy-friend, J, will get me flowers, but nothing romantically earth shattering will happen. It's just another day in the life of me.
Isn't it funny that when you're dating someone, you LOVE this day, and when you're single you want to hurt anyone who says anything about it? Ugh. I had to get a couple groceries and a new watch battery at Wal-Mart today and I ended up shopping (and spending) more than I should have because I didn't want to wait half an hour behind all of these middle aged men buying a crap load of eye-rollingly cute plush animals, boxes of the "finest" chocolates, and any other atrocious item you could find in the Valentine's Day aisle. Some men had a full cart of those items...a little two-timing I suppose?! Anyway, I decided to do a little more shopping and picked up some items that I could wait awhile to get, but will need to get them within the next couple weeks/months anyway.
I swear to God that I am not bitter about being single. I really like the single life, especially considering that I have no idea what direction my life is headed in...but there are days like this that remind me of why those people in relationships suck.
2 comments:
Posted in Fun World!
Nope, didn't make it to the zoo--it was rainy all weekend and I had a ton of stuff to do!
Steve-- I totally agree with you about the whole ego thing!
Post a Comment