WHITE OUT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mother nature is playing an evil, evil trick on us. Instead of snow, she's letting old man winter blow those 30 inches around... to the point you can't see two feet in front of you!
I had a conference in Cherokee today (and wouldn't you know it, they let school out early, too.) It took me over 30 minutes to make the less than 15 mile trip. For the most part I could go around 40-45 mph, but there were a couple of times that you had to slow down to 10 to see anything, including the truck in front of you. Ah! The sun was shining, but at times the snow was blowing so hard that you couldn't see the rays at all. And, it's blowing so hard that we're in a winter weather advisory and we have a two hour late start tomorrow morning.
I'm writing a letter to one of my old professors for two reasons. 1.) Recommendation 2.) To ask advice. She and I were rather close when I transferred to Dana (rhymes with banana), as I was her work study student and I took an interim and summer class with her. She and I would joke around and we told each other some stuff we would never tell anyone else. I'm just hoping that she will give me some advice, because she always shows me how to see all positions on an issue.
Since I can't exercise, I realized that I need to start eating right again. No more mint and creme Oreo's and animal crackers for supper! Guess that will have to start tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment